From:
Sherman Dorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 20:06:06 -0600
If anyone has any suggestions on the following, we'd be very appreciative.

Today, we took Rael into the vet's because she had been sluggish the last
week or so.  Last night we realized she'd been drinking a lot and, sure
enough, this morning the vet thought it might be kidney stones, and so
x-rayed Rael.  However, nothing showed on the x-ray.  The lab work did
show blood in the urine, so the vet prescribed antibiotics for the infection.

For the moment, we're just going to give the antibiotics and observe her.
If the vets can suggest anything to look for, we'd be appreciative.  The
vet did mention using ultrasound to look at the organs more carefully, but
(a) it's expensive, and (b) from our experiences as human patients we
know that ultrasound is limited in what it can show definitively.  So for
now, we're waiting (and dosing).
Sherman Dorn
Vanderbilt University