From:
Esther Hung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:44:07 -0500
When I came home from work last Friday I was met by my teary eyed little
brother who dragged me to Jingoro's cage where my fuzzy was busy vomitting
loudly and repeatedly.  What we cleaned up were pieces and pieces of yellow
raisins with no known origins.  We still don't know how he managed to get to
them.

Oh he was /sick/ for days.  Diarhea and hacking noises drove us to take him
to the vet by day 2 where he got a complete look over.  Diagnosis?  Belly
ache.  Day 3 was spent in a near coma state where poor Jingoro would pancake
half way down to the litter box and fall asleep where he fell.  That
prompted another trip to the vet, followed by x-rays, fluids, and a temp
reading (You know where that thermometer had to go!)

Guess who perked up the moment we entered the vet's office?  :P Became
fiesty enough to bite the vet, the assistant tech, and run amok for about 20
minutes.  He also passed another 8 raisins on the vet's floor...

In the end, no pun intended, we counted at least 20 something raisins that
he didn't manage to digest.  Silly critter.  I hope he learned his lesson.
We /still/ don't know where he got the yellow raisins.  But he's back to
normal now, in fact... there goes another one of my socks!  Hey!  Come back
here!

Now, my big question: I've been reading FML here and there, with the number
of posts about adrenal disease and other problems with our dear fuzzies...
Just how often do these sort of things happen?  1 in how many ferrets get
these problems?  I love my little silver-mitt and the thought of him getting
sick again really scares me.  I'm hoping that the reason there are so many
posts is because more people post problems looking for answers than people
who post just for fun?

Question 2 is about integrating another ferret.  Jingoro has been 'an only
child' for 7 months now.  He was only 7 wks old when I got him.  Everytime I
take him out to meet other people/animals/ferrets he gets nippy and mean.
But he's totally sweet to my brother and me.  Is this normal behavior for a
ferret that's been fairly isolated from others of his kind?  How should I go
about introducing another ferret?  (That darn ferret math is pulling on me
pretty bad.)

Esther and Kevin + Jingoro, Stealer of Socks, Destroyer of Fuzzy Slippers.