From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:57:50 -0400
As far as I know Katie's FFZ list (the Red Shoes one) stopped being
able to be updated around a decade ago. Of course, that may be an
earlier list she had or my memory may be faulty (with either being
entirely possible), but having been in the same position with a
different type of past list I had which Geocities refused to let be
edited -- ever -- I know that it can happen.

Contacting the state itself could help, and so could ferret clubs
there, for example, a quick search finds:

http://www.ferretclub.com/

and PA shelters should also know (scroll to PA):

http://www.supportourshelters.org/SOS-ShelterList3.html

I've been on the FML since it began can can't recall any mention of
any such huge state fee for having ferrets in PA ever.

As Friday's poster, Scott, mentioned there can be communities in any
state with their own restrictions. Usually when that happens it seems
to mostly be on the number of animals and banning farm animals, but
some are more restrictive than their states are.

The Thursday post from FurpeopleWeyr said when she asked for
information to help someone else (with the note that she thinks the
person who is moving to PA is wrong about the fee but needs
information):
>However some one has told her that it would cost her $1000 a piece
>to "register" them with the state and she can't afford $2000 to keep
>them.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/