From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 06:48:36 -0700
>this bill is far too bureaucratic and it legalizes ferrets prior to
>conducting an environmental impact report (EIR).
>The EIR should be completed and evaluated as part of the decision making
>process before changing the legal status of ferret possession.

 ------------
Oh, well... SB 89 was an AMNESTY bill, anyway.  AKA a grandfather bill.
You couldn't BUY ferrets legally or import them from out of state.  Once
one's ferrets were gone, they'd either be ferret-less or breaking the
law,again, and at $75 a dook, most would be paying in excess of $500 a
year (above our nornally high vet bills) for the privalege of keeping
them.  I'm fortunate not to live in an FFZ, but I think they need to
rewrite the bill, next time around.

Amnesty is a temp-fix.  It doesn't free ferrets not yet born.  How would
it have been if our Declaration of Independence, Bill of rights, or
Constitution had been written only to benefit those then alive or
currently residing within out borders?

Environmental impact?  What'll that show?

1. Ferrets cause the smog in LA?
2. The San Andeas fault was dug by feral ferrets?
3. Feral ferrets endanger the California condor?
4. L.A.'s sewer system is populated by hordes of mutant overgrown feral
   ferrets?

C,mon Arnie - go back to Kindergarten.  This was a Cop-out.