From:
Karl Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1993 04:46:59 -0400
Things are going pretty well with Sweety. She likes being held a lot
better now that she's getting used to her new suroundings. I had to
trim her nails which she didn't like at all. The Ferretone on the
tummy trick works great although it took a couple of sessions since I
was more concerned with not hitting the vein than in getting them all
done at once. She doesn't seem to like the collar with the bell I got
her but I'm not going to give up on that one since I like knowing
where she is at any given time. I figure her first bath will be an
experience to say the least.)

I tried introducing her to another female ferret today and once again
she atacked the other ferret, chased it when it tried to get away and
generally terified it.  The other ferret didn't even try to fight back
(I think Sweety fights dirty.) I'm going to try again with a couple of
male ferrets.  In any case, if Sweety wants to be an only ferret then
I can live with that.  I don't have room for another cage and I won't
leave them out unsupervised. The trip wasn't a total loss since I did
find out some good news regarding her history.  She wasn't a
convenience ferret and so reached full maturity before spaying and she
wasn't descented (and won't be unless absolutly necessary)

To Roger,
I'm aware of the dangers of plastic bags and she doesn't play outside the cage
when I'm not around.