From:
Jackie Decarlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 19:20:50 -0700
Hi, this is great to have a "chat area" just concerning ferrets because
nobody else seems to know what to do.  I hope I am doing this right and
hopefully there is someone out there who can help.  Here goes... TAZ our
loveable, playful and love of our lives is driving us crazy.  We have a sofa
that have recliners at both ends.  We cannot close in the bottom because of
the recliners so needless to say she loves to get up into the sofa and dig.
She is slowing getting rid of the stuffing and foam and will soon scratch a
hole into the material.  We have tried bitter apple, vinager, a firm "no"
and even putting her back in her cage when she does this to no avail.  My
next idea is to encase a couple of moth balls in some cheese cloth and
secure it into a square box made from plastic canvas (I own a craft store so
I make things like this but not stuffed with moth balls).  I will then hang
it under the recliner in hopes the smell with drive her away.  I don't want
to do anything that will hurt or harm her in anyway but we are desperate.
If anyone has any ideas believe me they will be well appreciated.  TAZ will
appreciate it even more.  Thanks for listening and hopefully your help.