From:
Leslie Anne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:07:20 -0500
Hello everyone,

I posted not too long ago about the passing of my sweet boy Daggett.
My little girl Bean is now terribly lonely.  She and Daggett had been
together since they were about 8 weeks old and she is just shy of 8 now.
Though she is up there in years, she is not your typical "geriatric"
ferret.  She still loves to play and has lots of energy, though she does
tire more easily than she used to.  I know that I have to put my own
sadness aside and think of what's best for her.  I was thought of getting
a new brother for her, but due to her age, she may not be with me for
very much longer so to avoid being in the same situation, I thought
perhaps 2 boys would be better.  (I say boys, because I don't think she
would get along with another female, she's just that kind of girl.)

Since Daggett has left us, I've seen changes in her.  She was unable to
play due to his illness and she is now rediscovering her "ferretness",
but at the same time, she is acting out a little as well.  She's started
doing the lick, lick, chomp thing and she has NEVER been a nipper before.
I think she is a very conflicted little girl right now, which I can
totally relate to.

Anyway, if there are any shelters in the NYC area that have a boy or two
that you think might be good for us, please get in touch with me.  Again,
due to her age, they'd have to be on the mellower side.  Someone too
rambunctious might cause her too much stress.  I'm more than happy to
share our "history" with you, answer any questions you may have and can
send pics of the ferret room and Miss Bean.  My one condition is that I'd
like to bring Bean with me to meet any potential brothers as to not
stress her or any shelter babies out unnecessarily if they don't get
along.  She is a healthy little girl, she just misses her brother.

My sincere condolences to those who have lost fuzzies recently.  It's the
hardest thing in the world to say goodbye.

Take care,
Leslie, Bean and Daggett (The Ferrerty Angel)