Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 09:58:18 -0500
Hi Everyone!

I sure hope you are all doing well on this day! Myself and my fuzzy and
human family are doing very well!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I spent four days visiting with
Colt at Animal Control at least an hour a day and up to two. (I would
have done it for a week, but they released him early!) He was not in
the dog or cat area but just outside the main lobby. The day I decided
to go and meet him I took my mix of ferret food. The staff did not want
to let me give him the food since it was not in a sealed original
package. I said, if you are worried about it being bad or poisonous I
will eat a piece of each and you can pick it. The lady that helped me
with my application sweetly protested me doing that, but did help in
letting me feed it to him. (They were feeding him fruits and veggie
mix, with some sort of cardboard shapes that made him poop hard like
a dog.) He immediately ate the food from my hand.

I want everyone to know that Trina is correct in keeping your ferrets
quarantined. Also, I was on the phone with my local rescue the minute
I met him checking for everything they told me to look for and check.
Each day I was there I made sure I watched him poop also. The ladies
in the office thought I was nuts, but knew I would love all of him
including his poop! LOL

I just wanted to show, those that do not utilize rescues, animal
control and other places pets are discarded, they can get wonderful
pets from these places.

Thank you Trina (trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>) for
bringing the quarantine to the forefront so those whom may try
getting a ferret from a place other than a pet store will realize
not everything goes easily and to be careful! (Not that they don't
get sick at the pet store)

If you all want to learn more please make a dedicated effort to help
a rescue or animal control in your area!

My peace and love be in your hearts!

MIchaelann (Truffles 4yr old poodle from Poodle and Pooch Rescue.com
[I failed and kept only this one], Duncan 16 yr old poodle from Friends
Fur Life Rescue, Blake 10 month old ferret from Craig's List, Lily 3 yr
old ferret and Lil' Bit 4 yr old ferret through Stinky Pete's Ferret
Retreat and finally Colt, from Animal Control

Truffles and Duncan video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gddgGOVJ44Q

Blake, Lily, Lil' Bit and the dogs video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSqdNBChxkI