From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:45:02 -0400
Hey all, need some advice. A ferret my brother and his wife are
fostering had a cyst removed from his back, near the shoulder blade.
I'd say it was the size of about half a golf ball. The surgery took
place about a month ago and you can still see the healing line, you
can see where the knot was at the end of the incision and his hair
is (slowly) growing back. Now adrenal surgery is being recommended.
My sister in law asked me the other night, how soon is too soon? He
seems to be doing just fine right now, recovery-wise.

I've never had a ferret in for 2 surgeries close together like that.
The vet was ready to do it 2 weeks after the cyst removal. I told my
SIL that I really didn't know and that I would ask around. We're open
for advice and input. Feel free to send on the FML or off list, just
include 'ferret' in the subject line so your messages don't
automatically go into my trash.

Thanks! :-)

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael