From:
Debbie Fryman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:43:56 -0400
Hi Gang!

I rely so much on you all for support regarding my fuzzbutts, and today
I really need all of your wisdom to help me with my peanut's medical
treatment.

I took her in to the vet for what I guessed to be a bad tooth, she was
chewing funny etc, but otherwise happy eating and drinking etc. The vet
worked her up and said, yep she may have a tooth issue but she has
pneumonia so let's clear that up first then go in for the tooth. He was
worried about sedation I think he said. So we did the antibiotics, and
back she went and he tells me now that her lymphnodes have not gone
down, she has lost weight, and he is concerned about lymphoma. So we
did a lymphoma test. I do not have the results yet! (just preparing)

My question for you all. If you have had a ferret with lymphoma, what
sort of treatment if any did you choose? Vet is telling me we can do
chemo, and a number or other treatments. I am worried about her quality
of life. I know what chemo does to humans. What's it like for a fuzzy?
My little girl is nearly 6 years old, and already under treatment for
Adrenal. I have only had one other ferret get lymphoma, and due to her
age and general health (7) the vet did not recommend chemo for her. She
lived 3 very happy years despite that. Of course I know that was prolly
a highly unusual situation.

Any advice or personal stories are welcome! I just want to make sure I
give my tiny one the best, she was a rescue and I don't want her to
suffer.

thanks!