From:
Eddie Palacios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:15:26 -0600
Hello.

I do not post many articals but i love ferrets.  I happend to be on of those
people that lurk in the background reading the FML.  WEll it happend "
ferret math" hit my wife and i this last christmas.  We bought two more
ferret to up our family to five.  We know have five ferrets and a cat.

well here is the story..

Back around the begining of December my wife and I Happend to be at a pet
store that sold ferrets.  Well we were very tempted to buy a ferret.  We
tried hard to restrain ourselves and well we did not by ferret from the
story.  But we di by a ferret from the Nice lady in the apron who happend to
be giving out free samples of cat food.  In our conversation we discoverd
that she was a ferret owner and was going to be moving to California.  So we
decided to inform here of the present situation in California.  Well she was
a little disappointed but she offerd to sail here ferret to us for 100$ with
the cage and food.  Well we could not resist the offer.  Well....it was a
good deal and not to mension the pet store was selling kits for 150$ with
out a cage..  So we bought her "kacy".

Kacy was a silver mit and that is how she came into our lives.  Sam, alpha
ferret was not very happy to say the least, Paula another femal thought she
was a good budy to explore with here so she named here a fellow
Conquestadora.  Paula likes to go where no Fuzzie has gone before to seek
out strange new cracks and socks and any other strang objects.  Chuck, male,
Welcomed here and he likes to sleep with her.  Sam as i said earler prefurs
to stay away and he was a little depressed for a week or two but he is
coming around.  Sam likes to sleep with me and so does the cat.  Some times
Alex the cat will sleep on my chest and sam will sleep near my armpit or
inbetween my legs...

Well that is the story of Kacy.

Know for the story of Missy, femal.

We hered about Missy from a fellow friend.  His brother had just bought a
ferret from the pet store, he ,the brother, decieded that Missey smelled to
much.  They kept her in a cardboard box, and well we could not pass her up
cause we felt really sorry for her.  So we bought Missey at 80$.  She was a
panda ferret and Crazy.  Not crazy in the bad way but good.  She like to run
until she drops and she like to beatup the cat.  Some time all the ferrets
are all over the cat.  The first day we had missy Alex the Cat ran away from
her.  The Cat was a little scared of missy for a while.  Sam well Again he
was depresed again ( I think All these new ferrets was a little to much for
him, he is better know.).  Chuck and missy are good budies.  Together they
have masterd carpet scratching and running until they drope and they love to
jump all over the cat.

Well know for my question?

I've been noticing the ferrets stoles lately.  For a while all five had
gridy type stoles.  Then it stoped.  They always eat they have fresh water
about every two days.  but I can not figuer out while there stooles are
gridy.  From time to time paula will have loose stooles.  But it clears up
as quickly as it appears.  Could it be that maybe when they are out
exploering they eat something they are not suppose to.  They usually are
only allowed in my bed room.  Occasionaly they Run in the living room but
they are never out with out there cages supervision from me or my wife...

Well thanks all.. I enjoy the Fml....

<Eddie & Janie Palacios>

<!!!Dooks to all!!>