From:
Scott Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 19:31:07 -0000
Hi Ferret Friends!

I have a little of this and a little of that to share with you.  Maybe it
will bring a smile to your heart, maybe not.  Here goes:

***Thanks

I would like to thank those who responded to my recent posting regarding
Gismo and his surgery.  Your comments and support were greatly appreciated.

***California Fish and Game

I believe that I might have come up with a reason for the CF&G dragging
their feet in the legalization of ferrets issue in California.  It is my
guess (and my in-house experts - the ferrets - back me up on this) that the
deciding members of the CF&G have had some contact with a few of these
incredible little critters and have reached the conclusion that should
ferrets be legalized, these highly intelligent and resourceful little
furballs will find a way to take over the humans' positions in the CF&G.  It
is the opinion of the "experts" that their (the furballs') performance would
far surpass that of those who are currently engaged(?) in the decision
making process.  Let us all hope that one day soon, these people(?) will
wake up, see the light and do the right thing, which is to give freedom to
both the ferrets and ferret owners in California.

***Overnight fluffballs

For all of you new ferret owners, you may have noticed a "slight" change in
the appearance of your little darling within the past few weeks.  It is a
phenomenon that seems to have almost occurred overnight.  Your furball has
suddenly become a fluffball!

Here in Western NC, the leaves are changing and folks that ain't all that is
changing.  My sleek, slender little fur babies have suddenly become fluffy
butterballs.  If their fur and weight gain is any indication of the severity
of the winter to come, we human type critters are in for a hard time of it.
I am hoping that my little fuzzbutts are remembering the big freeze, power
outage, and ice storm that we had in January and are merely preparing
themselves in case of a repeat performance by Mother Nature.  (I don't think
that theory will wash as my fluffiest (is this a word?) babies hadn't even
been born at that time.)

***Ferret games

I have been paying particularly close attention to all of the recent
postings regarding ferret games.  My little ones love to ride towels, I pick
out a large bath towel and drag it across the floor, within a matter of
seconds, I have 5 or 6 fur babies jumping in glee to catch a ride!  Each one
rolls, twists, jumps and tries to knock the others off so he/she can be the
exclusive rider.  There is only one problem with this, the towel engine (me)
gets tired and usually quite dizzy long before the ferrets get bored with
this game.  I also have found that they love to ride in the crinkly, noisy
plastic bags that one gets at the grocery store.  One or more will crawl in
the bag and attempt to push the others out as they are being dragged along
in the bag.

Well, I guess that is enough of this or that.

Enjoy your fur babies

Margaret Ann and her babies: Princess, Gismo, Harley, Scooter, Coco,
Merlin, Rusty,
        Fancy, and new adoptee-Daisy