From:
sharon peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:09:03 -0500
Hi ferret lovers.  I have a problem.  4 years ago I became a ferret owner
and lover.  I got 2 female babies.  They lived in the same cage and loved
eachother for 2 years.  The one baby got lose and we never found her.
Anyway, after about 6 months, I bought another baby female.  Now I had
one adult female (2 yrs old) and a new little baby female.  Well the
adult kept beating up the little baby, so I got another cage for the baby.
I keep the cages next to each other thinking they would become friends.
They sniff each other, but as soon as I try to let them out together,
within 3 minutes there is a big fight.  Im not even sure who starts it but
the smallest one usually ends up screaming and I have to pull them apart
literally.  I dont see any blood but Im so afraid the littleist one will
get hurt.  It is 2 years now and I still cant get them to be friends.
Some people say I should let them fight it out but I am so afraid that
they will hurt eachother.  The one female is twice the size of the other.

One cage is a big 3 lvl house, and the other cage is a small one.  I
am cramped for room, and it would be great if I could get them to live
together.  Also, I would think that they would want to play together and
be friends.  2 ferrets are so cute together when they play, and love
eachother.  One is 4 yrs old and the other is 2 yrs old now.  Isnt there
any way I can get these 2 to want to be friends???  Any suggestions?

Thank You,
Sharon, Angel, and Baby.