Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:48:47 -0500
Hi all--

We have a chance to get a group discount from Delta airlines if we get a
DEFINITE commitment from 10 people.  I would need to know right away if
people would like to take advantage of this.  (I will give everyone the name
and number of the travel agent if we arrange it.) It is a 10% discount if
people book more than 60 days in advance (which is SOON), and 5% if you book
closer than 60 days.  These are sample fares; i.e., if you were to book a
flight today, you could get these rates, but they're not guaranteed, this is
just a sampling of round trip fares (not including the discount):

Boston, MA   $216
New York, NY $206
Wash, DC     $196
Seattle, WA  $291
Ottawa, ON   $418
Detroit, MI  $274
Kansas City, MO $176

These aren't necessarily the lowest prices available from any airline
(e.g. Northwest may be less expensive from Michigan) -- so if you have
a preferred airline, you might want to check with them before deciding.

Please reply either directly to the FML-10TH list ([log in to unmask])
or to Bill ([log in to unmask]) *BY THIS WEEKEND* (my email is
not reliable enough these days).

You don't have to commit to your flight schedule yet (unless you want to
beat the 60 day deadline, thus getting 10% off instead of 5%), but please be
honest about your likelihood of using the group discount.  If we don't get
10 fares, the travel agent will have to make up the difference.

Delta was chosen as the preferred airline due to their outstanding
ferret-friendliness and their strong schedule in the Florida markets.

Thanks!
Ronnie