Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 04:13:45 -0700
A very special surrender is having adrenal surgery today. Snow and Jynx
were surrendered after their human was murdered. They lived in the
house for seven months while their human's mother came in and cared for
them for only one hour a day....she could not bear to part with the
only living reminder of her son. The ferrrets were finally surrendered
about a month ago. They beleived that Snow was experiencing stress,
when in fact he was adrenal..he was practically bald but so full of
energy, a balding bouncing bundle of joy. His mate Jynx is a sweet
sable girl who loves honey nut cheerios and crawling under my bed
covers. As if a magic wand were waved, our rescue experienced something
very rare with this surrender. The people paid for Snow's surgery so
that they would have a better chance at being adopted and there is
an adoption pending for them after Snow has recovered. Additionally,
Snow's conditiion is giving an opportunity to a wonderful vet to
continue her experience with ferrets. Please keep Snow in your prayers
today. This is our little poem for surgery day.

A Prayer To My Angel on Surgery Day

Look down on me this day, keep me warm beneath your wing.
I'm a little frightened of what this day my bring.

I've been feeling sick, just not my normal self.
Mom says I need a surgery to help restore my health.

Guide the hands of my caring doctor as she surgically navigates
These nasty little tumors, that make my body ache.

Look down upon her caring staff as they stay right by my side,
Who give me loving cuddles and blankets where I can hide.

Keep an eye on mom, as she will worry so.
Keep her reassured,....she cries enough you know.

If my time on earth is done, let me passing be free from pain.
Tell everyone that loves me, we'll meet at the Bridge again.

And lastly angel, may I ask, before I take my nap,
Get this over with real quick and return me to a snuggly lap!

copyright Kim Fox 2003, inspired by Taz.

Thanks all.

Kim

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.