From:
"Bruce H. Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 03:41:40 -0700
To Jeanne Stadtmiller:

>I am very discouraged by the tone of the whole FML lately.  I heartily
>look forward to Dr.  William's comments - we all learn from him daily.  I
>certainly hope all this private political revenge does not discourage him
>from staying with us - we need him!

    Jeanne - I have to agree with BIG - I must have glossed over the
personal attacks.  Usually I pick them up first (my empathic nature I
suppose ;) ).  But I didn't feel this was the case.  I thought the
discussion of ECE in shelters has been a rather frank one, with a lot of
different points of view being presented.  Right now, as so little is
actually known, it's important for everyone to share their experiences,
positive or negative.

    Political revenge - yes that's been a problem for some time now like the
weather - everyone talks about it, but no one seems to do anything about it.
I've tried to keep up with it, but that front is constantly moving and
shifting, so I often don't know who likes who at the moment.  This type of
political infighting that we see (not so often on the FML but certainly on
the show circuit) is a dangerous to the future of ferrets as ECE itself.

xxx I entreat everyone on the FML neither to give offense, nor take offense
too easily.  AS BIG says, this medium has it's drawbacks, and one is the
lack of tone.  Think about your posts before posting, everyone, and at least
try to give others the benefit of the doubt.

Bruce H. Williams, DVM         Dept. of Veterinary Pathology
Chief Pathologist, AccuPath    Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
[log in to unmask]         Washington, D.C.  20306-6000