From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 16:35:28 -0500
I am still wondering why ferrets are so prone to getting cancer.  The day I
put Sobriety to sleep, I found out he had lymphosarcoma (of course, I have a
feeling this has to do with all the alchohol his previous owner gave him).
I know that in humans, cancer is linked to genetics, smoking, alcohol, and
even some foods.  I was wondering what makes ferrets so prone to this awful
disease.  I am also wondering if any one is looking for measures to prevent
cancer from happening in addition to searching for a cure once it occurs.

If anyone out there has any theories on this, please post to FML.  I'm sure
there are others that are curious about this as well.

Thanks!
Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty and Charity
In Loving Memory of Sobriety.