Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:04:03 GMT
>From:    Greg Hindley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Some kind of parasite
>Last night Tammy my wife noticed that there were small parasites in all
>the drawers.  The are not worms that I have seen before but look to be
>black or brown in color and 1/8th to 1/4 inch long.  They are living in
>the clothes without moisture so I don't think they are and intestinal
>parasite.  Maybe Im wrong.  They almost look like tiny tiny silverfish or
>centipedes or something.  Hope someone can help.

Hi Greg,
I think I had something similar in my ferrets' cage and on the floor of my
closet-- is Max hiding kibble in the dresser?  I'm pretty sure that these
bugs came into the house in some kibble that had been poorly stored at the
pet supply shop and had become infested, and then when my ferrets put
kibble in all their usual places, the bugs hatched and then we were
infested.  They don't seem to bite or anything, but I certainly didn't want
to live with them!  They weren't hard to get rid of-- cleaning everything
well and throwing out the rest of that batch of kibble worked for me.  That
was in June or July, and I haven't seen the bugs again.  Hope it's this
simple for you!

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round