From:
Arnie Unruh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 23:13:18 -0600
I just want to say one little comment about this subject , do you see many
dogs or cats that someone has had very long for sale?  I think not, so why
would someone try to recoupe all they had for a mistake they may have made
and make an animal suffer?  The courts would not allow it to be done to a
child.  I hope we would have the best interest of the ferret at hand and
forget all we have spent.  I run the shelter in St. George and have had
people bring me their pets in tears wanting a better life for them bringing
cage, food and not asking a thing in return.  I think we have all been
there.  So on this issue I must agree with Melissa.  We must remember our
duties as ferret lovers and continue to educate those who know nothing about
ferrets before they get them, and remember what our mission is here.  I
don't think we have the right to accuse or pass judgment but do all that we
can to help no matter how far we must go or do.  I just want you to know
when I see a ferret for sale in the paper nine times out or ten if I call
them they will release them to me without charge, sometimes with cage or
without.  I was lucky enough to receive a 4 and 5 yr old and have decided to
keep them for our own and we dearly love them, but they did come to us free
from someone who truly loved his ferrets and thought of their welfare first.

When people come to me bargain hunting for a ferret I get a little nervous.
It puts me in a position to really anylize this person and why they really
want a ferret.  So I can totally understand .  I can never get back all the
money I have spent helping ferrets.  It has been a great pleasure when I see
one go to a good home, it's well worth it.  I have to remember the cause and
not the money .

Sherry
And 4 fuzzbutts