Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:20:35 -0800
I attributed the recent weight loss of my eldest ferret Ceridwen to her
advancing age; she is approximately 8 years old.  What I found tonight
when I did my monthly teeth check is that she has a severe problem with
her right rear molar.  It is yellow and was bleeding some.

I gave her some wet food which she has always liked, thankfully (my younger
pair do not), and some NutriCal which is all I have around the house that
would help her some.

I was wondering what options I have available to me.  I'm afraid that
taking her in for surgery and having them put her under would be a high
risk situation due to her advanced age.

She does not appear to be in any severe pain or I would have noticed
sooner, but it is obviously bothersome enough to prevent her from eating
what she needs.  Could she get by on some duck soup type mixture or some
other high protein wet food?  Or do I take her to the vet and take my
chances?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Dave Welch
Azrael "Oh look... Dave's pillow... looks sooooo comfortable!"
        *snooze* *shedshedshed*
Ceridwen "Wet food!! YUM!"
Rune "Hey cat... c'mere."
and Trill who is really Tigger in disguise