Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 06:29:00 GMT
We have four ferrets.  Two of which we raised from about 5 weeks old,
straight from the pet store.  Chances are that the pet store attendants did
not handle this poor baby ferret properly.  What it needs is some patience
and love.  First you must be very consistent , ours always respond to "play
nice".  Cocoa our youngest one was a pure witch when we first got her.  I
was ready to send her back to the pet store but we just kept holding her,
petting her, playing with her and she came around.  We always lightly tap
them on the nose when they bite matching the tap with the strength of the
bite and saying "play nice".  As for going after your feet, they will always
do this even after you train him/her to no longer bite.  This means they
want your attention and that they want to play.

Let me know how it goes.