From:
Marian Sue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:29:18 -0700
I don't know why it took until today for me to get this since it was
written on June 23rd (just 2 days after he passed), but I have initial
results now.  I'm sorry our scanner isn't working so I had to type it
out....hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.  I intentionally left out
the Pathologists name for the time being, but I believe I wrote it word
for word.

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

HISTORY - This ferret was presented to referring veterinarian dead.
Clinic that had treated the animal earlier suspected an insulinoma (i.e.,
Islet cell tumor).

GROSS FINDINGS - There was a prominent zone of subcutaneous edema along
the ventral midline of the posterior abdomen.  Lungs were discolored dark
reddish-purple, were wet, and heavy.  Blood and frothy material were
present in airways and on cut surface.  The stomach and upper 2/3 of the
small intestine contained bloody, mucoid contents.  Mucoaa and serosa of
urinary bladder were markedly reddened with suggestion of inflammation
and/or hemorrage.  No evidence of pancreatic neoplasia see grossly.

BACTERIOLOGY - Pending

TOXICOLOGY - tissues collected and frozen (stomach contents, kidney,
liver).

HISTOPATHOLOGY - Pending

COMMENT - (preliminary) No hard diagnoses based on gross findings.  Final
report to follow pending completion of above testing.

Marian, Nomad, & Princess
Missing JoJo, we will always love and remember you sweety!