Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:08:35 -0400
Hello all~

I wanted to drop a note to remind everyone to make sure that your virus
definitions are up-to-date and not to open attachments from unfamiliar
email addresses (even familiar ones can contain a virus, as many viruses
will generate an email to people in your address book and send itself as
an attachment without you even knowing that 'you' sent it).

I've received aprox 30 email messages with the Klez virus since last
night...some from [log in to unmask], personal email addresses, etc.
There are many variations of the infected email...one explains that the
Klez virus is circulating and that if you run the attached tool your pc
will be immune (LOL...don't open it, Mom, it's actually the Klez
virus!!!), another appears to be from a postmaster address saying that
the attached emails were undeliverable, another from someone telling you
that this is new or funny website, Japanese girl Vs Playboy...since I
started writing this email I received another 4 infected emails.

Good luck!

Bright Blessings,
:o)
Cyndi

I do not see a delegation for the four-footed.  I see no seat for the
eagles.  We forget and we consider ourselves superior.
- Chief Oren Lyons

[Moderator's note: I'd say this is one of the worst viruses I've seen.
Seems like a huge number of people are infected judging from the junk
trying to come into to the university's e-mail system.  BIG]