From:
Julie Roy/NAPERSOFT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:18:41 EDT
Hi!  I've been "lurking" on the FML for a while now.  I just have a question
that someone may be able to answer for me.  One of my fuzzies, Benny, has
adrenal gland disease.  My vet, who I must say is the best vet I have ever
been to, is trying a medication on him instead of the surgery.  The
medication is called Mitotane.  She says this may help him the same way as
the surgery, without having to put him through any stress...except for
putting the pill down his throat.  He's has been on the pills for about a
week now and I have seen such a change in Benny.  Before, while Chester and
Seamus (my other babies) were climbing the cage (which is about 4 ft. high)
to get to the other hammocks, Benny would just stay in the bottom ones.
Now, he's climbing the cage just like he used to when he was younger.  He's
got more energy and his belly isn't dragging on the ground anymore.  Some
hair on his tail and back have also started to grow back.  I hope this
medication works.

What I needed to know was, has anyone ever had any experience with this
medication?  I've been reading up on adrenal gland disease for a while now,
and I've never heard of this sort of treatment.  Any feedback on this would
be much appreciated.  :)

Thank you,

Julie Roy
And of course...Benny, Chester, Seamus, and the Cat that we call Kitty.
Oooops...I almost forgot Ric, the love of my life.  :)