From:
Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:01:03 -0500
Hello FML,

I have had ferrets for four years and two of them went through adrenal
surgery and are doing very well.  I now have six year old girl who is
showing symptoms...such as hair loss on the tail and backs of paws, weight
loss (but no swollen vulva).  She does not play much anymore, she tires
quickly.  I was wondering about loss of use in the hind legs.  She will be
walking along and then her back legs will give out.  Someone told me it
might be insulinoma.  I took her to the vet and he wanted to put her on
prednisone right away without even doing bloodwork...so needless to say,
I am going to set up an appointment with a new ferret-knowledgeable vet.
Let me know your thoughts on what this might be and also if at her age (6)
if she is or isn't good surgical candidate.  Thank you! :-)

Warm fuzzy hugs!
Tracy
Tango, Chico, Roo, Spunky & Leah (missing Pepe' so much)