Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:56:30 -0400
Boyd, I cannot get back to you on that address that was suppose to be
your E-mail, It's more than likely something I'M doing.  Please get in
contact with me.

Oh BTW, I have pecious gentle girl Oscar.  That was her name when I
bought her here, to her forever home.  I didn' want to stress her anymore
by changing her name too!  So she stays, Oscar, Oskie, Oskie-pie and man,
many more.  She is so gentle and sweet.

I do hope that your baby is still hangin in there.  Sounds to me like
ulcers.  I have had a couple of bouts with ulcers and it's following
syptoms.  1.  You need to take him NOW as ferrets dehydrate easily (You
didn't say or I didn't catch it, How old?) 2.  Check for dehydration.
Scruff(back of neck) and look for skin returning to its rightful
condition.  If skin seems slow to return and kinda waxy, you got some
dehydration goin on.  Take a small syringe and squirt down the side of
his throat being very very careful not to choke your baby(Everyone chokes
easily on water)

He needs Duck soup but for emergency, just now, give him ferret vite.
(make that appt yet?) Tell them its an emergecy.  Being that is probably
bacterial ulcer,(Now this is just MY deduction!) he probably needs
antibiotic.  Like Amoxicillin or something of that nature.  See if you
can get him to lie on a warm heating pad.  I have found this way works.
Put heating pad on your shoulder, cover pad with towel or?  Put little
darlin on pad heating If your shoulder gets to hot then your baby's belly
is too hot.

Try to thing of any stress that he/she's had.  Did a friend of his leave
him.  Did you move the furniture?  Can he find his favorite toy.  I know
this sounds nuts but ferrets do have stress factors.  Black tarry stools
is usually the red flag.  Then grinding of teeth, either, nausea or pain.
Mylanta .20 on a very small tuberculin syring helps with tummy pain.
Does another fert pick on him or take over his spot?  NOW, Don't do
anything until you've either show this, or read this to your vet.  WHEN'S
YOUR APPT????

OK, Call your vet then call me or I'll call you.  I get free long
distance.

I am in ACWORTH, Georgia My # is 770-499-7460.  PLEASE call me or send
me your #, I really want to know how this turns out.  Where are you?

Most Sincerely
Sue