Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:43:28 -0500
Hi everyone! I have a 12 week old black eyed white that I've had for
2 weeks now. I've had many ferrets before but this one seeks out your
skin and bites hard. She sniffs around your feet and if you let her
sniff she usually ends up biting. I've tried the squirt gun on her when
she is getting too interested" in my feet/shoes or hands. Right now I
do the time out in the cage as that is the only thing that she will
stay in. As I pick her up after she bites she bites my hands so hard it
is scary. She has made me afraid of her. My hands have puncher wounds
all over. She latched onto my arm and now I have a big bruise besides
the bite marks. I try to pick her up sometimes to show her my hands are
not bad, and pet her. But you can tell she isn't relaxed and is tense.

I've never had a ferret act this way. Usually the may nibble when
they are young but this is mean enough I start to cry. It hurts bad
physically and makes me feel bad she doesn't trust me. I NEed help.
I've done some research on the Internet but I can't keep her away
from my feet. Any ideas?

Susan
Squeak
Honey