From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:12:35 -0600
For everyone who had their ferrets send Princess get well letters I got
this from Kevin who asked me to forward it to all of you:

Well - On Jan 11th - Princess was told to come right in for Surgery the
next day.

On Jan 12th - Princess went in and got surgery.  She has / had Adrenal in
BOTH glands - so he removed 1 gland and 3/4 of the other.  She has to have
some gland left inorder to live.  He also removed 1/3 of her pancrease (she
has the other cancer too).

On Jan 13th - Princess goes off to hide and literally die alone.  She had
that look one other time when she was about to die.  So I picked her right
up (very carefully cuz she has stitches) and rushed her to my living room
and called my Parents, Brother, Best Friend, and Fiance to come over my
house.  We all took turns that nite Feeding her Science Diet mushy food
to help her regain her strength.  We all had 2 hour intervals.

Jan 14th - Princess loses all movement in her back legs - she could not
walk or move at all.  I call Mom and Dad to come over.  We all again take
2 hour intervals feeding her.

Jan 16th - Princess wakes up and goes running crazy - she has regained ALL
motion in her legs!!!!!!!!!!  Her weight is 1.3 pounds.

Jan 17th - We feed her the Science Diet from Jan 13th to present day.
Anyway on this day she regains ALL curiousness!!!

Through the week of Jan 18th - Jan 24th - she plays like a KIT and is
really astounding!!!  In that week - her weight goes from 1.3 pounds to 2
pounds!!!  DOOK about a Come Back.

Jan 26th - Princess gets stitches taken out.

Present day - She got a bath today and is continuing to Gain Weight and Act
like a 6 month old - she is that playful and that strong again.  It is like
they took away a sick Fuzzy and gave us a Brand New One!!!

Please E mail this to the Newsgroup along with this letter from Princess:

Dear Fellow Fuzzies:

The past few weeks hav ben realy realy tuff on me.  I wuz about to giv up
when my dady and grandparints did not giv up on me.  I got operated on and
gots 5 stitches.  It wuz not as bad as i tought it wood bee.  I feel 100%
better now and i gots my stitches tooken out.  None of it hurt.  So if any
of yous guys and gals hav to has som surgerys or stuff - dont wory.  If
your momies and dadies say it will bee ok - trust dem - they ar rite.

I just want to fank you alls for e mailing me.  I red and responded to
evewy one of dem.  If yous guys and gals ever need a Fellow Fuzzy to talks
too - DOOK me and I will be ther foor yous like yous wuz me.

Fank You and I loves yous alls
Princess

I think he would appreciate more emails from your ferrets.  This young man
has had a hard time and Princess is the best thing in his life.  We all
know why- unconditional love, joyful living, and they're just so darn cute
it's hard to feel bad.  I really thank everyone for their love, support,
and prayers for his sake.  Princess is indeed a special girl, but she is
much needed by her owner in addition to the fact she is a sweet ferret in
her own right.

Thanks again,