From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:36:12 EDT
>While this is indeed a tragedy, I am hopeful that others may learn from
>your misfortune, and will think twice about giving any human medications
>to their pets without a veterinarian's advice.

I agree with Sukie.  One of the things I learned up at the vets is that
animal meds based on a human medication formula are always in much
smaller doses for animals.  Many of the meds are based on the animal's
size and weight as well as the severity of each particular illness and
the pet's history.  So there is more to simply picking up a human
strength Benedryl to give a small ferret.  The benedryl strength is only
a small percentage of the human one.

Please do not self dose an animal without checking with your vet or
another health care professional who knows animals.

Thanks ~
Mary
Herbalist
The Conley Farm - organic herbs