From:
Miles & Telaraj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:49:57 -0600
Hi!  I was reading the post about the foot biting ferrets and thought about
sending in some thoughts.  I have discovered that my ferts REALLY don't like
Yardley's Old English Lavender(or whatever it's called) soap; when I use it
to wash my hands, they won't come near me; they did a couple of times, and
the poor guys just shook their little heads and backed away quick!  Now,
this I don't understand, because I like the smell of lavender(but maybe they
don't?)- it's not all of Yardley's soaps, because I now wash my hands with
the Aloe Vera kind and the kids are just fine with that.  We don't have much
of a foot-biting problem - used to, but it just kind of passed away.
Anyway, thought maybe this might help.

Also, an idea!  (Please don't flame if you don't like it, it's worked for me
over a year now and no problems) I sew my kids' own hammocks out of scrap
material, into quilt blocks, which I then quilt for them(Nothing fancy as of
yet- am currently working on a double wedding ring hammock for them, and may
try my hand at fancy-quilting that- I dunno yet) Anyway.... I have their
hammock hung up with some chains I got off of one of those nylon hammock
things we couldn't use any more( the kids apparently thought it was
delicious and were eating it!), so I attach the chains to the corners of the
hammock with large quilters safety pins, and that way, changing them every
week is a snap(sort of literally!) Nobody's been poked, or even shown an
interest in the pins, and they've held four ferts very snuggy and comfy in
their hammocks.  Don't know if this is an idea anybody would care about or
not, but it helps me, so thought I'd pass it on.  Happy Hugs to all the
fuzzies!!!

~ Telaraj and Miles ~