From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:40:37 -0400
After my fuzzies did a job on my bed and furniture, I discovered a
product called "hardware cloth" (heavy wire screen).  It comes in various
sizes, but the 1/4" mesh seems to work best.  It can be cut to size with
tin snips or other cutting devices, and stapled to the bottom of couches,
box springs, etc.  Keeps the most determined fuzzies at bay.  For the
side diggers, the clear plastic rug protectors can be bought by the foot
and cut and stapled or tacked (top & bottom) around the sides of the box
spring (smooth side out).  Their little claws slide off the smooth
surface and it is too thick to dig thru.

Either may provide some protection against fuzzbutts who burrow
underneath the cushions - And be careful, as the cut wire ends can
scratch if not cut cleanly and a bit shorter than the front edge of the
couch ....