Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:38:09 -0400
WOW! Sharon Biggs is the Senior Conservation Technician for the
black-footed ferrets at the Phoenix Zoo. She was absolutely wonderful
in snswering so many of my questions regarding what I saw on their
ferret cam. There's a a beautiful fert mom named GABBY on the
webcam....with her five little piggies (ok, kits-but they eat like
pigs!)! Gabby was born there two years ago as the 400th kit herself!
Isn't that just amazing! PLEASE check out the webcam - you will go
back time and again!

Gabby (and the other BFF moms) are the "original single mothers"!
Sharon tells me the "feert dads" hook up with the moms, hang out for
about three days and just wander off (baseball season must distract
them or something!)! Anyhoo - they don't nest with the babies (babysit),
provide food (hunt), snuggle with the moms later (support) or even
show the little ones how to make it in the wild (dad? what's a prairie
dog?).

So - go see how similar Gabby is to your domesticated ferret and feel
free to ask questions between ohs and ahs. Sharon is a superstar!