From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 1996 23:47:29 -0700
Hi All,

I see again the issue of various ferret organizations that feud has arisen.
When I started FANG I was approached and encouraged to associate with these
groups.  To be quite honest it is that feuding that influenced me to remain
an independent Club and Shelter.  Plus some of their rules and regulations I
did not quite agree with.  Yes there are benefits to being associated with
big organizations but there are also very bad side effects to it at times.
I always welcome any and all advice from every single group out there and I
learn from them all.  I support every stride they make in the betterment of
ferrets everywhere NO matter who it is that accomplishes these.  Because I
have no association with any of them I am able to see this (the HSUS Policy
Change) for what it is and that is a wonderful something!  Sure there is
always more work to be done and views to be changed etc..  but this IS a
very good start and we at FANG applaud you for it!

Being an independent is certainly more work as we have to develope our own
forms etc..  to hand out and to educate with but I am ever so grateful to
PAM for her allowing anyone and everyone access to the FAQ and giving the
permission for it to be redistributed at no charge.  Without that little
baby we would all be working frantically trying to gain all the knowledge
that is in there and then put it onto paper for all.  THANKS PAM!

And so if you are planning on starting a club and or shelter you might
consider being an independent and then you and ONLY you have control over
the rules and regulations you decide to enforce regarding it.  You can
totally avoid all the feuding as well:-) All of the Organizations have great
qualities and can be learned from but there are vast advantages to being
independent too.  I hope these people that are feuding and putting each
other down realize the reputation it gives them and their organizations.  It
is NOT a good one:-( And it often hurts new clubs and shelters when dealing
with someone who has a bad opinion of the organization they have chosen to
associate with.  Please try and be civil to one another and work together
for the common cause of helping ferrets everywhere.  Thank you, Kelleen &
The FANG GANG

      Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!