From:
Big Dave from the Enclave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:10:58 -0700
All over the radio and tv are reports of the Ferret canidate.  Similar to
when Pat Wright ran for Lt. Gov the ferret community is the laughing
stock.  We have people losing health care with a near 40 billion dollar
deficit, ferrets are a non issue.  That's where I am frustrated, ferrets
are a non issue and the state should get the hell out of the way.  Look
at the money the state pisses away while programs to introduce inner city
kids to fishing are being cut.  The ferret camp needs to make this issue
broader than ferrets, it has to be about reforming Fish and Game, making
government receptive to the people.  If I may quote one of California's
former govenors, Ronald Reagan.

"In our nation today, government has grown too big, too complex, and
possessed of what Cicero called 'arrogance of oficialdom'.  Remote
fromthe wishes of the people, it forgets that ours is a system of
government by the consent of the governed-not the other way around"

We need a canidate that isn't making ferrets issue number one, or even
number fifty.  We need a govenor looking to fix the larger problems (such
as a state department that can openly lie to the people, i.e. Fish and
Game ) and get away with it.  If any one would like to know what is wrong
with Fish and Game in addition to the Ferret issue e-mail me or join the
California Ferret Underground yahoo group.  We are going to tackle the
California Department of Fish and Game head on and the results will not
be only ferret legalization but sane natural resource policy.