From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:21:25 EDT
Almost a month ago I saw a ferret listed on craigslist and as usual, I
emailed the person with some advice....look out for snake owners, be
sure the people you sell the ferret to have a ferret vet, etc. They
were asking $75 with cage & supplies. After sending my advice laden
email, I didn't hear from the owner and thought that was the end of it.

Out of the blue I received an email that the owner would take $25 if
the ferret was going to a good home. She did....my home. Crying my
heart out, I buried little Doshia then we all left on a 3 hour trip up
the OR coast (and then a 3 hour trip back home) to get another little
girl ferret. Little Moxie was living in an old, tiny cage, no hammocks,
no bedding, and eating cheap cat food. Her "toys" were plastic baby
bottle nipples. Her treats were pieces of cheese. The reason the owner
was getting rid of Moxie?

"She doesn't like my cats."
"I  can't let her out of the cage because she doesn't like my cats."
"One of my cats doesn't like her."
"I really wanted a white one."

Moxie is sugar sweet.....just like  Doshia........my heart is mending.

Nancy and her 15 again..... plus 16 cats.....oh  well