From:
JON EHLEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 06:48:57 -0500
Rest in peace:

For Pepper, who passed over the Rainbow Bridge about an hour ago.  She never
hurt anything in her life, and brought nothing but joy to mine, but was
taken anyway.

She died at the vet's, after complications in an operation to remove a tumor
on her left adrenal gland.  When I brought her to the vet, the only
indication that anything was wrong was slight hair thinning on her neck, and
an enlarged vulva.  She ate, slept and played just like always, and never
had a clue what was going on.

I had adopted her in the largest of the FFZ's-CA.  She had had similar
symptoms last year about this time, and a well-meaning (but not very
thorough) vet out there did a cursory exploratory but failed to look behind
the left adrenal gland.  It probably couldn't have been helped - the vets
out there just don't see enough ferrets.

Well, I'm sure going to miss her.  She was only about 3 years old.  This
room is starting to look much too large without her.

I'll see you over the Rainbow Bridge, sweetheart. Please wait for me.

-Jon

----->  I have quite a lot of ferret paraphanalia I'd like to give away.
        If there's anyone within driving distance of Danbury,
        Connecticut who would like any of the following, let me know:

Krinkle Sack
Large 2-story wire cage with carpeted flooring
Smaller one-story wire cage (connected with larger one by a drainage pipe)
Ferret pup-tent
Litter box
Dryer hose (was her favorite plaything)
Wooden carpeted ferret house
Misc. toys

I can be reached at 800-618-5249.  It's a voicemail pager, so leave a
voice message with your phone number. Thanks.