From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:17:01 -0500
Hi Folks

With all of the stories just recently, about ferrets being mistaken for
badgers and visa versa, I thought you would get a chuckle out of this tale.
Many years ago, when we only had 2 ferrets, we used to take them on their
leash to our park.  We still take the ferrets outside, but we longer go to
the park.

It would take us about 3 hours to stroll through the park.  Not because
our park is that big, but because our ferrets caused quite a stir.  What a
wonderful opportunity to educate the public about the wonderful world of
ferrets!  We stopped and answered many many questions about our babies
and what good pets they make, and what do they eat, etc. etc. etc.  We
actually had crowds around us, which is part of the reason we stopped going
to the park.  Too hard on the fuzzies, with so many people wanting to
handle them.  During these walks, we often heard things like, Look at the
baby squirrels, or look at the kitties.  Once they were even called baby
raccoons.  Most of these comments were from little kids, so understandable,
right?  I think the comment that took the cake, so to speak was.....While
we were strolling on the boardwalk along the lakefront, I heard an adult
male somewhere behind us, say, "Look at the baby seals!"  I still smile to
myself when I think of it.  Well, we were beside the water!!!

Sally St. Germain and her 12 baby seals!!
Hi..... my name is Sally.....I am a seal-a-holic!!!!! LOL