From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:54:43 PDT
I want to tell all of you that my heart goes out to you and it has been
very difficult to read about all the fuzzies that have been crossed over
the bridge recently.  Hang in there, Laurel, you are a wonderful fuzzy mom
and don't you dare not get any more ferrets!  Why would you want to deprive
these animals of such a wonderful and loving caregiver?  I know you are
experiencing pain, but those of yours who have passed would want other
ferrets to experience your care and love.

To Sandy and the gang of five, thank you for the beautiful poem!  I cried
when I read it.

Now the news...
I have not had any success on forging relationships between my newest
addition and two of my other ferrets.  He only gets along with one of the
others and it is becoming very difficult to give seperate playtimes.  Last
night, I spent some time taking him outside on his leash with one of the
others he does not get along with (he is terrified) and figured that maybe
if on "neutral" ground, squabbles would die down.  Fat chance!  I just
don't know what else to do.

For the person who emailed me personally stating that they felt I
"slandered" angora ferrets, this is just not the case.  Where in my post
am I slandering an individual or a business?  Slander is a very strong word
to use, and I think that a lawyer could define it better for you.  Saying
you don't appreciate my opinion is fine, not everyone agrees on everything.
That is what makes this list so informative.  Please re-read my post.  I am
sorry to those who have angoras that found it offensive, but with what I
have seen...There are always exceptions to everything, just like all blazes
may not be deaf, etc...but what I was trying to point out is that the
farther you stray from gene pools, the more problems it might create.  I
also asked for reputable breeders to come forth with answers to what I have
heard, but nobody has stepped up to the plate.  I wonder why not?  I read
on another list that there is a terrible breeder in Germany that has been
breeding angoras and various odd colors of ferrets, that has been getting a
very bad reputation.

My email was not intended to start a debate but to encourage some breeders
to come forward and give their account/opinions on the topic.  Sorry if
anyone thought my email was inflamatory.  I don't get upset with people who
prefer sables over albinos or females over males.  Let's keep these things
in perspective.

For the love of ferrets everywhere!