Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:03:27 -0500
Nigel's World

It was a rare Saturday..errands are finished, and the fur boys are
napping.  So I switched on the T-V. <groan>   I happened on an animal
show on called "Nigel's World" and they are showing film about mink's
badgers and otters.  The show seemed to be about "weasles"

Just before a break they show the host with an animated sable ferret in
his hands.  He is describing how it is the "domesticated cousin of the
polecat".  And how the ferrets are used as helpers in construction sites
to run fiber and other cables.

They then had a short bit on ferrets in England he had a cute albino
crawling in and out of his pants leg, and later he was holding an
energetic pair of fur kids, a sable and a chubby cinnamon who was very
determined to "get going".

He proceeds to hold the ferret near the end of a large diameter pipe, the
ferret almost dives in the pipe and darn near beats the host to the other
end.. lol  The parts with ferrets wasen't very long, just snippits, but a
little positive press at least.

The show continued with a long and informative bit on the mink and fishers
and otters.  A bit of the host swimming with an otter was very funny, the
otter was playing as if the swimming host was just another big "water
ferret"... The show was nicely done, and informative.

Go figure, what a nice T-v surprise.