From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:24:30 -0600
Just when you think the Petco talk has disappeared, wham!  Someone makes
a good comment about one store and others run with it to slam Petco as a
whole.  Just like someone said in earlier posts, you can't fault a whole
corporation for what individual stores do.  If that was the "practice"
of the corporation, there wouldn't be stores that are exceptional.  If we
don't like something about stores, then we can't fault that corporation
because of an employee or one store out of thousands.  If that was the
case, we wouldn't like anything.

I have an idea!  Let's quit bickering about Petco and get back to
discussing ferret issues.  Yes, Petco has some problems, Yes, they may
not help some ferret rescues.  The list could go on.  But...that is the
way life is.  There are no ethics anymore, like there was years ago when
people took pride in their work.  Petco is out to make money....well, so
is every other pet store and company in America and abroad.  You wouldn't
have what you have if you didn't work for a company that made money to
pay you.  We may not like what a company does, but gee whiz.  Give it a
rest.  If you don't like something, don't give up after a few months.
Keep on with it.  Things don't change overnight, in a month, or even
years.  Look how long it took WorldCom and Enron to crash.  Things take
time.  Nothing will probably every happen to Petco, so deal with it.  If
you don't like it, DON'T GO IN THERE!  It is that simple.  If you don't
want to see something, don't look.

It is just like watching TV.  If you don't like the program, change the
darn channel.  No one has tied you up and forced you to watch the show
or forced you to go to Petco.  Unfortunately, the truth of the matter
is that it takes more than one person to get a store, let alone a
corporation to change it's ways.  We should be thankful that there are
stores out there that take care of the animals.  The 5 Petcos near me all
do.  The animals are well taken care of.  I know the vets personally and
know that animals are taken to the vets daily.  But, I don't deny that
there are others out there that aren't that way.  Call your local humane
society.  Call the USDA division in your area (yes, they can help).  Call
your local Board of Animal Health (they do help also).  Call anyone.  But
let's please quit bickering back and forth.  I know it feels good to get
it off your chest, but do it by calling someone who may be able to do
something.

[HS]