From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:31:12 -0700
I have received a lot of questions about why people can't access the
Ferret Giving Tree. We are still making some updates and adjustments
to make sure everything goes smoothly this year, so we will reopen the
Tree on September 23 for Shelters to start adding ferrets. I do ask,
though, that before you run out there and start choosing ferrets off
the tree, that you wait until October 23 to choose ferrets. That will
give many of the shelters time to post their ferrets to the tree.

We will accept Shelter ferret postings (ferrets to be put on the Tree)
until November 30 and then we will make that area inaccessible again
until later (next year? summer?). The tree will stay up at least until
all ferrets have Santas! And probably longer so people can still check
on what the ferret(s) they chose wished for. If any shelters believe
this time line will be a hardship for them, please let me know. We may
be able to work something out. I have several people including Kris who
have offered to help out, so I'm sure we can find someone to help you!

Since this is a new thing for all of us, I'm going to ask that if you
need help with anything on the Ferret Giving Tree, you send an email
to [log in to unmask] so we can get your issue resolved. By
using this email, we can keep track of where problems came up so we
can look at addressing them immediately or, if it's going to require
a big change, for next year. This email will be forwarded to Kris; if
its something he can't answer, he will refer the question to either
Lynn or me.

I know the economy is bad, but let's try to put only legitimate
shelters/rescue ferrets on the tree. Shelters I don't recognize may get
an email from me asking them to identify their location and the number
of ferrets in their shelter. Please don't be offended if I contact you!
It just means I haven't seen your shelter's name in the past.

Thanks for your patience in this new setup! I think it's going to be a
wonderful holiday season for the shelter ferrets!

If you have any questions you would like to ask me personally, please
don't hesitate to email me; I'm happy to answer any questions about
the tree!

Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Admin.