From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:48:16 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Switch the Kit has discovered a vile new way to behave.  I've gotten used
to the occasional "I'm gonna redecorate my cage violently" tantrum when
she doesn't get let out on demand.  I've gotten used to the "I'm gonna
bite and kick the cage bars" tantrum because you're not letting me out.
Those two vile behaviors are followed by profound periods of teenager-like
sulking.  I could deal with all of that.  It's the mockery I can't stand.

Yes, my weasel has taken to mocking me.  It used to be she'd find a way to
escape from her room, and she'd take a liesurely tour of the house.  I'd
find her skinny little back half sticking out of the top of one of my
winter boots.  I'd gently return her to her room.  She'd get out again,
I'd hear her sneezing under my bed because of all the dust bunnies she'd
plowed up.  I'd return her to her room, a little less gently this time.
Eventually she'd give up after a few rounds of this game.

Not any more.  In the last few days she's taken a fierce liking to this
game.  She stopped taking those leisurely tours of the house.  She'll
vault over the ferret-proofed (ha ha sucker) baby gate and hit the floor
running.  Zooooom, right under the nearest major household appliance or
immovably heavy piece of furniture.  Oh, what fun!  See the humans crawl
on the floor!  I will turn into a molecular mist, and flow, atom by atom
under the sofa!  Whee!

The final, unendurable act of mockery occured last night.  Don't ask me
how she managed to get out soundlessly THIS time, but she did.  Did she
go run and hide?  Nope.  She ran into the living room as bold as brass..
stopped dead long enough to ensure that we all saw her...she looked us all
in the eye one by one...THEN zooooomed away and into the laundry-strewn
bedroom.  I swear she stopped just to say "Lookit meeee!  I'm being bad!
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Very funny. Ha.
Alexandra in Massachusetts

Switch the Kit: "Sucks to be you, hoomans!"
Sabrina the Bat-Biter: "Heh.  I ate all the food while you were gone,
kid!"