From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:55:31 -0700
When I got home from work today and let the kids out to play it seemed
like everything was normal.  Zira came bounding out with kisses and
dashed away as usual.  Merry's usually right after her and plays for
about 15 min.  before I feed her her baby food mix.  Pippin was prowling
around the living room & chasing Zira thru the tubes.  All of the sudden
I heard a funny coughing noise from behind the couch and when I
investigated I saw that Merry had coughed or threw up a small amount of
clear liquid.  I am keeping a very close eye on her.  (She had her 1st
dose of Methotrexate last night.) I gave her water and she ate well about
an hour later.  I've been checking on her and all seems fine but I'm
nervous to go to work tomorrow.  I'm going to call the oncologist &
report it in the AM & my boyfriend will stay with her.  Poor baby.  So
far she hasn't been sick again and it's nearly midnight.  I'm sure that
changing to a new med is hard on her little body.

Merry, Pippin & especially Zira *wink wink* would like to say GO BEAR!
for being in lead for the Pet of the Week contest at
practical-pet-care.com!  Zira blushes everytime mommy looks at the
website!!!  My little flirt!

If you haven't had a chance to look, please check out this beautiful new
ferret hammie, sleeper, & matching blanket in a fun colorful star print &
a cute ferret beanbag!  This auction is to help out with Merry's chemo.
Please bid with confidence and ignore the PayPal only (that's for ebay
due to non paying bidders).  If you don't have a PayPal account you can
use Billpoint or send money order.  If you win just say that you're a
member of the FML.  International bidders welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2046849805&rd=1

Thanks to all for help & advice.  I really enjoy reading & writing to
the list.  The energy & passion that everyone puts forth for our ferret
compainions is the most amazing thing I've come across in a long time.  I
have to say BRAVO to all the miracle makers out there!  Lately I've seen
alot of "remember why we're here" and I wanted to say that in the last 6
mths. that I've been a member I think the message is loud and clear....
for the ferrets!

Trish ~ Merry, Pippin & Zira