From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 23:02:47 -0400
>Any typos are Carlas fault.

Yep.  Mmn Hmmnh.  Serves you right, though, 'cause when you were through
this area a few weeks ago, you didn't stop by, YOU DIDN'T EVEN PHONE TO SAY
HELLO TO DA WOOZLES!  Boy, they were so upset, they tried to drown their
sorrows in the FerreTone & just wound up leaving sticky pawprints
everywhere.  They had really been looking forward to seeing if your hair was
really THAT LONG (hair snorkeling & ponytail munching is a favorite sport),
or if your sandals were as interesting as Steve's boots.

Thanks for the clarification on the Egyptian (non)history of ferrets.
Although, it does blow away my own pet (tongue-in-cheek) theory about why
the cat supplanted the ferret in Egypt (basically, it was because the ferret
wouldn't sit still long enough to be admired.)

Have you found a home for "Tex" yet?  I am gritting my teeth, trying really
hard to not offer, although I would just love to have him.  However, I do
need to get along with my husband, and he's being a pretty good sport about
the number of critters currently in residence, so I don't want to push it
too hard.  (although, if I could come up with a real good excuse - hmm, how
about, "Bob is leaving him for crittersitting, and will be back to pick him
up in a few years...." or, "Honey, I thought I'd get you a ferret of your
own - but don't worry, I'll take care of him for you." - naaah.  don't think
it would work.  drat.)

One of the merchants in our area was trying to set up a distributorship with
Performance Foods, to carry the Totally Ferret.  However, he was told that
he needed to order at least $2000 worth of merchandise to start.  Our club
is fairly new, and El Paso is a low-budget border economy... we can't
guarantee the business yet, to make it cost-effective for him.  He also said
he was having a hard time getting hard facts to compare the TF with other
foods he's familiar with - "TF is guaranteed to provide everything a ferret
needs..." but no written list of ingredients, detailed nutritional analysis,
etc.  like the other companies provide.  Any one else have these problems?
I agree that TF is an excellent food, but these problems are making him shy
away from carrying the product.

On the bright side, this merchant is very willing to help promote the club -
to give us space in his stores to set up a table with info, do nail-clipping
demos, etc.; to buy ads in our newsletter when we get it going, and possibly
give discounts to club members on ferret stuff, and to investigate whatever
product we ask him to consider carrying.  He also works with the vets in the
area, when it comes time for vaccination clinics etc.

Blessings,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club