Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:42:59 -0500
Well, I got to see a real rescuer(s) at work. I've done it myself for
one ferret at a time, never more. Sharon and Renee showed me how to
transport and care for dozens of babies. When the ferrets dig their
food out of their bowls ... oh I forgot to tell you something about the
McKay kids! They all love water!!!! You can't put water in a water dish
without them putting their face in it and digging until every drop is
out of it. Every single one of them. I guess they'ver played or seen
water in something wide? Ya know? But it was really funny. They were
all obsessed with water. Okay. Back to the work. You know ... the stuff
I didn't do. I wish I could give you a detailed account of what it was
like to unload the ferrets, take out the ucky poopy bedding, fill fresh
food and water, put in new bedding, and switch out kids for excercize,
cut nails, inspect them, etc ... but I can't. I mean it's just so much.
It's fun, but ucky work. I had a perk though. I got to smell my first
poof. Those of you who live with "scented" ferrets? Yah, good luck
with that.

Renee tried to be herself and did a bang up job of it. She showered,
changed, ate, cleaned the entire car, reorganized, did laundry, and
spent a little time with us. Basically though, she passed out for a
couple hours, worked, passed out for a couple hours, worked. She manage
to do one "Renee thing" though. I walked into the kitchen and there she
was with a cockatoo on a knee and a cockatiel on her shoulder. She was
eating seaweed with them and food was all over Renee and the floor.The
birds looked at me with such guilt like, "It was HER idea!", and Renee
held out a handful and asked, "Want some?!"

The time came for her to leave and we began to pack her up. Boys and
Girls? It took from midnight to nearly 4:30 to pack up that car. Omg,
when we began, Renee had to stop herself and say, "okay okay ... we'll
be okay... it's okaaaay" in that long southern draw, and then go on.
Good thing too. Cause I did NOT think it was okay. Inside I was in a
panic and near tears when I looked at an entire garage filled with
"stuff", ferrets, and things. She made it work though. She strapped her
fish in next to her with a seatbelt in his little tank, Leka the Weasel
was ready to go on her dash, and her own ferrets were yelling "road
trip!" in tiny voices. Well, they were in my head. Shut up. Off she
went ... into the dark night. I need to call La and see what is going
on at Nancy's. The storm has evidently knocked out phone lines there,
so, I suppose it stalled in the Gulf. It should be loosing some of it's
punch by now and drifting back up north as a tropical storm or even
depression by now. We'll see.

Things left here. Seaweed, Biscotti, ferret leashes, a book called
"There's an owl in my shower", ferret treats, Jillian with papers,
lots o' food, and ... CRAP! Whats this?! Renee!!!

To be continued ...

Wolfy