From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:23:57 -0800
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret fostering
>I was disappointed to see a request for "POOF" letters without homework
>being done.  F&G has agreed to contact CDFA (CA Domestic Ferret
>Assocication) when illegal ferrets are found or confiscated.  I cannot be
>sure that this always occurs, but when and if it does, there is a legal and
>legitimate method of placing these rescues in a foster home until
>transportation can be arranged to transfer these little guys ...

You missed the point of my missive.  One of the conserns we have had is that
California's Fish and Game monitors what is said here on the FML and could
possibly gain information about California's ferret owners.  The original
Anon post smacked of a blind ruse to get people to respond so that Fish and
Game could add to their data base.  Because the Anon message 'smelled' so
much like an entrapment attempt, I jokingly suggested they should be
'poofed'.  Re-read my original comment, carefully this time.  If you still
disagree and feel I was calling for 'poof' letters, then don't bother to
post anonymously...if you live in Cal, and own ferrets, I am sure F & G
would love to get a handle on you...!

>Does anyone else smell a rat here?  This sure sounds like a setup.  I hope
>not!  Time for 'POOF' mail!  <GRIN>
>
>Joe

Joe (again)