From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:21:02 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

I suspect it is a sign of the coming Apocalypse and the ever popular "End
Times" when Alexandra from Massachusetts starts quoting the Bible to the
FML.

But yesterday's post about dogs gobbling their own barf (and other less
savory little organic, all-natural treats extruded from the back ends of
cats) reminded me of one of my favourite Biblical refrences...Proverbs
26, verse 11.

"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly."

This brief verse describes one of the essential, defining characteristics
of human nature in only one sentence.  It explains Congress.  Most of the
conversations you will EVER have with your spouse.  The thirty year long
campaign to convince us all to go metric.  And for some of us, possibly
the more extreme manifestations of "ferret math."

I only have one question.  Is that on the Atkins Diet or not?  I guess it
depends on how many carbs the dog scarfed to begin with...

Alexandra in Massachusetts

(I realize that some of you just spit coffee onto your monitors at work.
Well, you shouldn't be reading the FML at work, now should you?  Now you
have to tell your co-workers something plausable in a hurry.  HA!  Sucks
to be you.)