Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:32:09 -0400
Hey there all!

I'm thinking of adding another bundel of energy to my life (I have a young
female now and I want a young male now to keep her company - both fixed
of course!).  But the thing is I'm confused about this 1 month isolating
thing.  If a ferret is bought from a pet store - or even a reputalbe
shelter - and I get it examined by the vet before exposing it to my Fuzzit
- does that still mean that I would have to isolate it for 1 month?  The
other thing is how exactly do you "isolate" a ferret?  Do you have to treat
the new one like it has some kind of disease and wash your hands before
touching the other one?  I'm thoroughly confused on this matter....

The other thing I'd like to know about is cages.  I need a smaller cage
than the one I own now (it's a large 4 story acrilic wired CARE cage w/
a plastic bottom), small enough to fit into my car but big enough to
accomodate 2 ferrets very comfortably.  The thing is I need an affordable
cage and the only ones that seem to be affordable are the wire cages (it
looks like chicken wire).  Are those safe?  Are those comfortable for
ferret feet?  I've been looking for a used cage but they all seem to be
wire cages as well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Elisa & Fuzzit