From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 09:43:14 -0700
Well it looks like Giesela may have adrenal; she has a bald spot a bit
bigger than a quarter on her back, up a bit from her tail.  This doesn't
sound like the classic hair lost pattern but I've read here that it doesn't
have to be classic hair loss to be adrenal.  Any other ideas?  Her vulva
isn't swollen, she may be sleeping a bit more, her hair all over seems to
have thinned over the years and its really short.  She just turned 5 I
think.  My nephew got her from a pet store here in MI.  I believe she's
originally from a Canadian farm judging from the shaky x tatoo in her ear.

I will be taking her to my vet to make sure its not mites or something but
the skin looks totally normal and doesn't seem to be itchy or anthing.

Meanwhile - I'm taking votes on who's the best ferret vet re surgery in the
state/region (south central Michigan).  My vet's fine for shots and stuff
but he's only done a couple adrenals and only the best is going to operate
on Giesela.

Mary

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing
befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea they have all one
breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity."
Ecclesiastes 3:19