Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:39:34 EST
I'm having some trouble with my ferrets tipping over their food dish!  The
dish is metal, and shaped like a half-circle.  It attaches to the cage by
the back of the bowl, which bends down and ends in two rounded points (I
know, two rounded points, it doesn't make much sense : ) ).  But anyway,
you hook these points to the cage, and they're not supposed to be able to
knock it over, but, being the smart, curious little fuzzbutts they are, my
ferrets soon learned how to make a big mess in their cage, and Mommy has
to clean it up.  Once they learned they could hook their little fangs up
under the lip of the dish and jerk upwards and unlatch it from their cage,
they do it ALL the time.  I am constantly cleaning out their cage and
shaking out their bedding, and I am TIRED of it!  I can almost see that
little mischievous grin hovering on their faces as I sweep up the
kibble. : )

This is more of a problem with Chloe than with Cassie.  Cassie used to do
it when she was little, but she grew out of it I guess.  But now my
hyperactive little CHLOE does it.  I know it's her, because just last
night I "caught her red-pawed".  Luckily she had only unhooked it, she
hadn't gotten the chance to tip it over.  So I just took the bowl out and
left them a little pile of kibble next to their water.  Any advice?

Heidi
Chloe: *smiles mischievously* "Okay, you distract her while I make the
mess!"
Cassie: *glares angrily* "No, that's not fair, how come you always get to
do all the fun stuff?"